We are currently looking for a highly motivated and results driven Commercial Sales Manager to join our Commercial Solar & Energy Storage Division. Solar experience is a pre-requisite. Relevant trade or utility experience is preferred. We’re building a true team of highly talented people. People who are passionate about the industry, who love to win and have a desire to learn, and who always strive to satisfy customers by doing the little things that make a big difference.
We have so much potential work we can’t keep up. This means our Sales Managers have the potential to consistently hit compensation goals while helping develop a business unit that has unlimited opportunity. If that sounds enticing, contact us – we want to talk to you!
This position will be responsible for the following:
Employee shall be responsible for selling solar power and energy storage systems to commercial customers (businesses, schools, manufacturing facilities etc.). The successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills, be able to work efficiently with our partners, and effectively demonstrate the PetersenDean value proposition to the end user.
- Follow up on company generated leads within 48 hours and conduct initial screen.
- Collaborate with partners and support staff to design systems and size appropriate solutions for customers.
- Work efficiently and independently (as needed) to pursue leads and deliver proposals to customers.
- Regularly update sales pipeline in company CRM
- Conduct initial client presentations via webinar
- Meet with prospective clients in the field to provide follow up presentations and access decision makers
- Provide accurate and complete contract packages to contract administration
- Recommend creative means for segmenting customer verticals, generating leads, and growing the commercial division
- Facilitate communications, pertaining to scheduling, accessibility, and special job needs, between customers and operations (as needed) to ensure optimal customer experience.
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of direct competition in commercial solar and energy storage.
- Attend weekly division meetings at corporate office in Fremont.
- Achieve sales quota and gross margin (GM%) goals
- Must be highly motivated and able to work independently
- Ability to close deals
- Ability to work efficiently under stress to meet deadlines and quotas
- Ability to prioritize, multitask, & delegate
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; strong presentation skills
- Strong computer skills including a proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Must be a team player and able to manage a high volume of leads
- Must have clean a clean driving record and pass a pre-employment background check and drug screen