Operations will be well compensated while helping develop a business unit that has
unlimited opportunity. If that sounds enticing, contact us – we want to talk to you!
The Director of Operations will be responsible for overseeing operational pipeline for commercial solar and energy storage projects (businesses, schools, manufacturing facilities etc.). The successful candidate will have an extensive background in commercial project management with an emphasis in solar operations, and a proven track record of managing 30-500 kW solar and/or storage projects from point of sale to permission to operate. The position must be able to implement processes, manage people, and work effectively with sales managers, design engineers, project coordinators, job superintendents, installation crews, procurement partners, and senior management.
- Develop and maintain Commercial Standard Operating Procedures and Process
- Negotiate, amend and execute contracts to ensure profitability
- Manage operating expenses in accordance with the division P&L
- Supervises and directs all members of the commercial solar/energy storage operations team
- Oversees the implementation and integration of project management software
- Responsible for compliance with company systems/processes, safety standards, and electrical and jurisdictional codes
- Assures that design, procurement, permitting, and installation processes are on schedule
- Provides comprehensive understanding of project scope, scheduling, priority milestones, and coordination procedures
- Coordinates and cooperates with Sales & Project Managers to ensure expedient exchange of information needed to complete each project milestone
- Responsible for hiring and training staff to assist with contract review, data entry in corporate CRM and accounting software, procurement, permitting and interconnection paperwork.
- Responsible for recruiting, hiring, and training project managers/coordinators, job superintendents, and journeyman electricians as needed
- Verifies that all drawings and equipment specifications have been properly reviewed prior to submission to customer and jurisdiction
- Manages procurement POs, supply agreements, and delivery schedules
- Available and responsive – communicates regularly with customers, project coordinators, superintendents, sub-contractors, and corporate management.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be highly motivated and able to work within a team environment
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office, web based CRMs, and project management software
- Minimum of five to ten years in electrical construction and commercial project management
- Minimum of three to five years working in key operations roles within the Solar Industry
- Familiarity with AutoCAD, PVSyst, Helioscope, or equivalent solar pv design and calculation software
- Experience developing and reviewing plan sets and technical specifications
- Experience with job costing, and building/reviewing bill of materials
- Must have solid working knowledge of the National Electrical Code
- CA licensed contractor with B, C46, or C10 classification(s) is preferred.
- Design and implementation knowledge of advanced energy storage systems preferred
- Must have clean a clean driving record and pass a pre-employment background check and drug screen