PetersenDean, Inc. and affiliates is a large and growing commercial, residential roofing and waterproofing organization with locations throughout Northern and Southern California, Arizona, Nevada and Florida is seeking a full time Payroll experienced individual to join our growing team.
- Data entry of weekly payroll for hourly/piece-rate employees for all divisions. Produce and send payroll checks for all other divisions.
- Weekly payroll taxes
- Respond timely to payroll issues and/or questions. Assist General Managers, Field Supervisors and divisional payroll staff with payroll needs.
- Misc. payroll changes.
- Process final paychecks and distribute to appropriate to Human Resources
- Print weekly Payroll Reports for specific reporting agencies.
- Support payroll Supervisor/Manager
- Work with Human Resources regarding new hires, termination and benefit deductions.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and 2-5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working with internal/external payroll systems.
- Understanding of wage and payroll requirements for multiple states
- Computer savvy, ability to use multiple systems
- Must be able to work independently; excellent organizational skills are a must.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Must be a problem solver!
- Experience working with Microsoft environment is a must.
- Relates well to all kinds of people, builds constructive and effective relationships using diplomacy and tact.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision – must be a self-starter. Accuracy and attention to detail is a must.
- Knowledge of Basic Accounting Principles