PetersenDean Roofing and Solar and D.R. Horton are making solar panels standard in the new home community, Orchid, in Milpitas, CA. The solar panels, manufactured in the United States by Solar World, are part of this partnership’s commitment to using American-made products.
The Orchid Community features Spanish Colonial style homes with Spanish tile roofs. PetersenDean is installing both the roofs and the solar panel systems for the D.R. Horton project due to the expertise required to install solar on this more delicate roof material. PetersenDean’s comprehensive warranty covers the roof and solar power installation for the homebuilder and the home buyer.
All 80 Orchid homes will feature standard 1.5 kW grid-tiered solar roof systems, backed by a 25-year warranty. Buyers will have the option to upgrade to 3.0 kW depending on house plans, available roof space and roof orientation. In addition to saving on energy costs, most home buyers are eligible for a 30-percent federal tax deduction based on the cost of the solar installation.
- 80 homes, three two-story designs
- 2,468 to 2,717 square feet, 4 to 5 bedrooms
- Spanish Colonial, Cottage and Italianate exterior styling
- Located in Milpitas, CA
Solar Roof Details:
- Solar panels manufactured in United States by Solar World
- 1.5 kW grid-tiered solar electric system standard
- 3.0 kW optional upgrade on select homes
- Most homeowners eligible for 30-percent federal tax deduction